The Fecon Explorer Series EX300S is a rubber track drill rig designed to meet the needs of the seismic industry. When it comes to drilling shallow depth shot holes for seismic exploration, productivity is measured by holes drilled per day. Often these holes are 20-30 feet (6-9 m) in depth, spread out across varying conditions that could be flat, hilly, soft or hard ground, farm fields, or land covered in brush or trees or rocks. The EX300S is configured to have what the crew needs where it’s needed with as few steps as possible to maximize drill time with little environmental impact.
• Robust I-R 300 CFM-200 PSI compressor
• Hydraulic powered drill mast
• Highly maneuverable; able to cross paved roads
The Fecon Explorer Series EX300S seismic exploration drill is built with the highest quality components. The EX300S includes a robust I-R 300 CFM-200 PSI compressor powered by a Kubota 99hp diesel engine for plenty of down hole air capability. The drill mast is powered by a hydraulic motor providing high torque to both the drill head and the drive chain. The EX300S accepts 10 ft. (3 m) drill rods with hydraulic top and bottom break out features requiring minimal effort to add or take out drill rods.
Its low center of gravity along with the narrow footprint and low profile makes the rig highly maneuverable in all kinds of terrain and narrow openings. The rubber tracks and low PSI together produce little ground disturbance The EX300S packs impressive features for the seismic shot hole driller in a compact unit, providing greater maneuverability, ease of operation, and industry-leading productivity.
The EX300S comes equipped with countless features for the seismic shot hole driller in a compact unit, providing greater maneuverability, ease of operation, and industry-leading productivity. The rig is equipped with a Kubota 99-HP, 300-CFM/200-PSI air compressor to provide excellent air volume and force to bring tailings out of the hole, to power an optional air hammer, and to pressurize the selective wet drilling feature. A separate 46HP Kubota engine and hydraulic system powers the undercarriage and drill
mast functions, ensuring adequate power for all drill functions.
• Front-mounted operator station and vertical drill mast assembly for in-cab visibility/positioning
• Upper and lower hydraulic breakouts on the drill mast assembly make it easier for the operator to quickly add drill rod.
• Rod storage for an additional 10’ rod on the mast. This allows the drill crew to go 20’ feet deep without taking any steps to the side of the machine to get more rod.
• Rod storage rack on the side of the drills allows the crew to reach depths of 60’ on the EX300S before having to get more rod brought out to the drill site.
• The rod storage rack can also hold auger rod or an air hammer giving great flexibility for varying conditions right at the hole.
• Plumbing to introduce a Bentonite mud solution for selective wet drilling, or water for high-pressure/low-volume mud drilling. Mud valve standard.
• Drill travel speed of up to 7 mph to get to the next hole quickly.
• With 20 feet of drill rod already on the mast, the 2-person crew quickly gets to work using the simple controls mounted next to the mast at the front of the cab.
• If more than 20-foot depth is required, a crew member is just steps away from additional drill rod at the right side of the machine. In most cases they will start with an auger bit, but if tough rock is present they quickly install the air hammer and keep on drilling.
• Ability to change techniques while drilling, and to re-position if conditions are not right.
|Base Machine Weight||10,379 lbs | 4707 kg|
|Overall Length x Width x Height||194: x 73” x 94” | 4298mm x 1,854mm x 2,387mm|
|Engine Make/Model||Kubota Diesel|
|Horsepower||46hp | 34.3kw|
|Hydrostatic Transmission||2 Speed|
|Travel Speed (low/hi)||0/7mpg | 0/11.3 kph|
|Rubber Track Width||14” | 355mm|
|Rubber Track Ground Contact||78” x 14” | 198mm x 355mm|
|Ground Clearance||12” | 304mm|
|Counter Rotating Tracks||Yes|
|Swing Lower Rolls||Yes|
|Hydraulic Operating Pressure||300psi / 26gpm | 206bar /98.4lpm|
|I-R Compressor||300cfm / 200psi | 8.5m3 /13.8bar|
|Compressor Engine||Kubota Diesel|
|Horsepower||99hp | 73.8kw|
|Chain Drive||100 Series|
|Push Down / Pull Back||5,700 lbs / 9,500 lbs | 2586 kg / 4309kg|
|Hydraulic Cooling||Electric Fan – 1.5 Heat Exchange|
|Drill Rods||10’ length / 2.5” diameter | 3048mm / 63.5mm diameter|
|Variable RPM on Drill Stem||0-250rpm|
|Hydraulic Drill Rod Break Out||Top and Bottom|
When it comes to drilling shallow depth shot holes for seismic exploration, productivity is measured by holes drilled per day. Often these holes are 20-30 feet in depth, spread out across varying conditions that could be flat, hilly, soft or hard ground, farm fields, or land covered in brush or trees, or rocks. Fecon manufactures the EX300S which is configured to have what the crew needs where it is needed with as few steps as possible to maximize drill time.